Fresubin Protein Energy Vanilla 200ml (Pack of 4s)
A flavoured liquid consisting of protein (milk), vegetable oils (rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace-elements.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age.
- Use with caution for young children up to five years of age.
- Must only be used under medical supervision.
Indications for use
- Fresubin® protein energy Drink is a protein-rich, high energy 1.5kcal/ml drink for the dietary management of individuals with increased protein and energy requirements.
- Fresubin® protein energy Drink is prescribable on FP10/GP10 for the following indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, dysphagia, bowel fistulae, disease related malnutrition, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) and haemodialysis.
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide
For supplementary nutrition:
2 x 200ml bottles per day will provide 40g protein and 600kcal.
- In accordance with ACBS guidelines, when prescribed in the community the maximum daily dosage should not exceed 4 x 200ml bottles (80g protein).
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
Each pack has 4 bottles.