Molnlycke Granudacyn Irrigation Solution & Gel
Granudacyn is an irrigation solution for cleansing and moisturising acute, chronic and contaminated wounds, as well as for first and second degree burns. Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) ensures safe preservation and makes Granudacyn a reliable wound irrigation solution.
Granudacyn can be used for the cleaning, moistening and rinsing of the following wound types:
- All chronic wounds of any depth, such as diabetic foot ulcer, pressure ulcer, venous leg ulcer, etc.
- All acute wounds, cuts, bite wounds, lacerations, abrasions
- Surgery wounds (intraoperative and postoperative)
- Wounds on cartilage, tendons, ligaments and/or bones
- Burns up to degree two
- Radiation ulcer
- Fistulas and abscesses
- Cavities such as ear, nose, throat
- Critically colonised wounds
- Soft tissue injuries
Granudacyn can also be used for moistening the wound dressing and for loosening encrusted wound dressings.
Granudacyn is suitable for multi-patient use of up to 90 days (gel) and 60 days (solution) after opening. To ensure safe use after opening, Granudacyn contains a preservative that naturally occurs in the body: hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid also prevents the proliferation of Gram+ and Gram- bacteria including MRSA, ORSA, VRSA, VRE, viruses, fungi and spores.
- Cleans the wound mechanically
- Free of germs and pH neutral
- Not cytotoxic or an irritant; free from heavy metals
- Hypotonic to promote osmolysis and cell rupture
- Reduces wound malodour